In Memoriam

5/5/95 - 1/19/18
Solomon had an amazing sense of humor and he taught me to laugh at myself.  He was just wild and silly enough to never be boring.  I miss him every day.
Ann Ealy
Jordan (show name "Makaveli")
2/13/89 - 12/17/16
Jordan gave me the opportunity to horse show as I had always wanted.  He was so patient with my many mistakes.  He was dignity personified.  I miss him every day.
Ann Ealy

In memory of April Brooks

In loving memory of Butter me Up/Megan McKee

Andrew was sweet, kind, had a heart of gold like no other (truly). He came to me when he was 15 years old. I bought him with the intention of training him and maybe re-selling him (haha) down the road... Whthin a few months he captured my heart and had a forever home. He raced until he was 9 years old (he won).
 He ended up at a therapeutic riding program for 4 years and then they sold him and he was sent to a sad "sale" barn where I first saw his face he was sad! He was also 15 years old a bit too old for me? NO, he had that special face. I bought him, we re-habilitated him back from poor health. Andrew went on to win consistantly with me "learning" on him at third level dressage.

He was always the same, easy going Andrew, sweet, and kind. He loved to have his head rubbed! He went on endurance rides ( 50 miles) and hunter paces, he loved us and we loved him!!!

Lisa McKee

Patti & Emma

Escalade, 'Josh', stood at a towering 17.3 hands.  However, Trakehner/Thoroughbred cross was a perfect match for my 5' 11" frame, and he became my equitation/hunter mount throughout my junior years.  Josh took some getting used to as he was the largest horse I had ever ridden.  My best friend Kaytlin schooled him for me at the 3'6" height, so he would be ready for my 3' children's classes.  He carried her on to the Medal and McClay Regionals on Long Island.  Once Josh and I clicked in the 3' ring, the big grey and I competed into my young adult years.  He matured into the perfect every day riding horse, enjoying some light dressage work and trail rides in his retirement days.  Josh will probably be the nicest show horse I will ever own, we lost him in the Spring of 2013, but cannot thank Dr. Cable enough for the hours she put in to try to save him.  The big, friendly grey horse will be missed at his post as people enter the barn.  My gentle giant.


Sarah Condon


Chips Ahoy, 'Chip', was my first show horse, he was 10, I was 11 and it was love at first sight.  We were soul mates.  A handsome faced Quarter Horse with a puffy white forelock and pink nose.  He had an easy going temperament that helped me get around the show ring with confidence for many years.  A handy little hunter that would, well, rather chip than take the longer distance.  Chip was not just my partner, he was my teacher, my muse and my first love.  I could always count on him giving me a greeting whinny when I walked into the barn.  I will miss that face and that whinny and having someone who would listen to me any time of day, but his 26 years of life is a happy reminder that we gave him a forever loving home where he was turned out daily and got treats every night.  He is now up there with his 'brothers' as we like to call them, running free of pain in forever green pastures.  Thank you Chip for teaching me more about life than any book or classroom could, you can now get that gleaming white coat as muddy as you want!  Tally ho!

Sarah Condon



June 12, 1978 – October 29, 2013


When I opened the barn door there are only three when yesterday there were four…



Appin Cullean was foaled on a small hackney breeding and show farm in LeRoy, New York, which was owned and run by a wonderful Irish couple Helen and David Coots. The first time I met Helen, then long retired from showing her beloved ponies, she told me when the in gate opens be ready to “show your pony”.


According to stories told about Cullean before I purchased her in 1989 her show career started off just like that. While going thru the gate as a weanling she got away from her handler and proceeded to win her futurity class because of the “show” she put on… And thus from that day on whether it be halter, pleasure driving, or saddle seat riding class when you went through the in gate she was always ready to put on a show. Although during those times she never did anything but make you want to do it again!! What fun we had.


When the showing was done and the days of training and schooling were over a halter and lead were all that was needed to take a trail ride on a beautiful fall day or for that matter on a sunny day in winter. Always ready with a soft whinny in anticipation of what were we going to do today. If I worked with or brushed another pony in the barn she would paw and toss her head in disapproval of the attention being given to another.


The days of being a brood mare came and she took to being a mom like a fish to water. She adored her babies and protested loudly at weaning time. At the age of 26 “Cally” had her last foal Finny (Cally’s Finale). He never left the barn with his mother’s approval and she would whinny till his safe return to the stall next to hers. She delighted in his company by her side until she passed on at age 35.


In closing this tribute to this always gracious and dignified mare I want to thank the people who took care of her and contributed to her long and healthy life:


Dr. Christy Cable

Dr. Becky Goodale

Dr. Michael Ball

Dr. Leslie Whittle


Thank you all so very much…


I first met this grey mare at the farm of Sjana Berry, where my daughter Kimberly was taking lessons.  I grew fond of Snowflake and rode her on trail rides.  We even practiced jumping cross rails.  She was a spunky Arabian-Quarter Horse with a "can do" attitude.


     Snowflake became my horse on Feb. 16, 2008.  We boarded at Millers, Minnoe's and Bunnell's through our 5 1/2 years together.  We participated in many events and met a lot of friendly, helpful people and their horses.  Snowflake did trail rides, shows and parades with Kim and Kathy.  Her willingness to ride away from the group and to try new things made it easy to do most anything with her.  Being white, she was a perfect painting canvas.  She made an awesome zebra and American flag.  She had a competitive nature, always trying to be the lead horse.  I remember doing showmanship, group and individual games, schooling shows, trail trials, scavenger hunts, poker runs, clicker training, natural horsemanship lessons, parades, riding in the fields, crossing creeks, attempting to pick black berries on horseback, trying to cross snow filled ditches (and falling off in the middle of it), moonlit rides with groups of coyotes howling nearby, costume contests (Snowflake as a Unicorn and Kathy as a Fairy Princess), a wild, full gallop down Brick Church Rd., multiple vet calls (partially due to her being accident prone) and farrier experiences.  We dealt with all sorts of weather conditions - if it was nasty out - that seemed to be the time I had available to be with Snowflake!  We tolerated wind, rain, snow, mud...anything from freezing cold Jan. horse shows to 90 degree buggy, muggy summer rides by the woods.  We were a team.


     Fortunately, we were able to enjoy riding until April 2013 (age 39!).  We even hand walked in the Wheat Festival Parade on Aug. 3, 2013.  Someone asked who was leading - the horse or me.  Honestly it was Snowflake!  She was still frisky and a real trooper right 'til the end. 


     Snowflake was a favorite of many and left her "hoof prints" on a multitude of hearts.  She is remembered fondly.

                                                                                                                                                 Kathy Nedza